Saturday 20 September 2014

Chocolate Chip Cookies


Ever since the newest addition to my ever growing cookbook collection popped, well squeezed, through my letter box earlier this week, I have been desperately wanting to try something out of it.

I thought I would make sort of a series to show you some of the recipes out of Mary Berry’s Baking Bible.  This book is great for anyone who wants everyday recipes on everything to do with baking. It can be found here.



Today I am going to attempt to make chocolate chip cookies. I have made these once before and I really wanted to see if this recipe was any good.



Ingredients

100g/4oz  softened butter
75g/3oz caster sugar
50g/2oz light muscovado sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 large beaten egg
150g/5 oz self-raising flour
100g/4 oz chocolate chips

(Please note I used 125g caster sugar as I didn't have any light muscovado sugar.)




Step 1

Preheat your oven to 190 Degrees Celsius/ 170 Fan Oven/ Gas Mark 5. Lightly grease 3 baking trays.

Step 2

mix the butter and the sugars together in a bowl until it looks something like this.


Step 3

Add the vanilla extract into the beaten egg. Then add a little at a time to buttery mixture, beating with every addition. 


Step 4

After that mix in the flour and the chocolate chips.



Step 5

Spoon large teaspoons of the mixture onto the baking trays, the recipe says it makes 20 cookies, but I only ended up with 16 (make sure to leave space for the cookies to spread, otherwise you will end up one big tasty mess!).



Step 6

Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the cookies are golden brown. (Make sure you watch them as they change very quickly).


Step 7

Leave cookies to cool down. Then transfer onto a wire rack to cool and enjoy!




Please leave me any tips and suggestions in the comments below!

Thanks for stopping by! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment